OLPH Church
Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Byzantine Catholic Church
Fr Myron Badnerosky

Fr. Myron Badnerosky
Pastor Emeritus
in Residence

In tribute to Our Father Myron

Father has a remarkable relationship with his parishioners. He interacts well with the children and youth. The same love and respect he showed his parents is shown to the elderly of the parish. He brings solace and comfort to the sick and dying and to those caring for them. In times of sorrow, grief, and tears, he is there supporting us and holding us up.

During the fifty-five years of his pastorate at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, Father Myron has tended to his parishioners’ spiritual needs with great zeal. Through his talented stewardship and tireless financial efforts, Father Myron has helped ensure that his parishioners will have a beautiful place of worship for many years to come.

The Early Years

The son of Michael Andrew and Anna Molnar Badnerosky, both of blessed memory, Father Myron was graduated from McKeesport Technical High School in 1948. After deciding to study for the priesthood instead of pursuing a career in medicine, he studied at Illinois Benedictine College in Lisle, Illinois. Two years later he entered the newly-built Saints Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Seminary in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. While at Saints Cyril and Methodius, Father Myron earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He was ordained to the holy priesthood on the twentieth day of May, 1956, the Feast of the Descent of the Holy Spirit, Pentecost Sunday, by the Most Reverend Bishop, Nicholas T. Elko.

After his ordination, Father Myron was appointed a Curate to the Church of Saint Michael in Passaic, New Jersey. In 1957, he was appointed a Curate to the Church of Saints Peter and Paul in Braddock, Pennsylvania. He was later appointed a Curate to the Church of the Holy Ghost in Cleveland Ohio in 1958. In 1959, he was assigned both as the week-end administrator of the Church of Saint John in Avella, Pennsylvania, and to the Chancery Office.

 

A Lifetime in Levittown

On June 19, 1959, Father Myron was appointed the Administrator of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, where he has remained ever since. In the coming 55 years, he celebrated the Divine Liturgy faithfully in the hall(mortgage burned in 1964), grew the parish, built the church(mortgage burned in 1986) and more importantly, built spiritual lives with all those he touched. There's not a parishioner alive (or otherwise) that doesn't have a "Father Myron story" in their life. His dedication to Christ and His Church is truly remarkable. Except during a brief convalescence from surgery, he has never missed celebrating the Divine Liturgy or administering the Holy Sacraments. He has visited the ill, listened to the troubled, and faithfully guided the spiritual path of his parishioners according to Christ’s precepts and Catholic doctrine.

Thanksgiving and Honor

On the occasion of the Sixty-second Anniversary of OLPH and Fr. Myron’s 57th year as pastor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church as well as his celebration of 60 years of ordination to the holy priesthood, the parishioners of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church gather to honor him and thank him for selflessly dedicating himself to their well-being.

Mnohaja l'ita i blahaja l'ta -
May God grant him many happy and blessed years!